Career development courses
Fall 2022 IDS Courses
To see the most up-to-date class schedule, log in to My Missouri State.
IDS 120: Exploring Majors and Careers
IDS 120 is designed to assist students in learning the process for making meaningful academic and career choices that are aligned with their unique strengths, interests, values, and personality. Students will participate in self-assessments, major and career exploration, and decision-making activities. IDS 120 is offered as a one- or two-credit-hour course, online and seated.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and evaluate their interests, personality type, skills, and values as they relate to career goals
- Identify and evaluate prospective majors of interest as part of the career decision-making process
- Conduct occupational research using appropriate resources
- Present career research findings through written and/or oral reports
- Identify and describe a career goal and develop a plan for achieving the identified goal