About the Career Center
A team of professionals passionate about providing personalized, student-centered career services to promote successful outcomes.
To connect resources and people to prepare students for the next step on their career path.
We provide an inclusive and supportive environment that respects the thoughts, beliefs, and experiences of others through compassion, empathy, and integrity.
We enhance student career development and readiness through providing career services that provide tools for long-term success.
We respect each person's perspective, strengths, weaknesses, and contributions to the team. We stand together to best serve our students and stakeholders and achieve common goals and outcomes.
We are passionate about our services in the development of champions and success of all stakeholders by enthusiastically connecting and engaging them with multiple resources and support.
We are committed to life-long learning to properly serve and advise a variety of stakeholders with career-related needs. We demonstrate the ability to be knowledgeable, resourceful, innovative, and adaptable in an ever-changing world of work.
The Career Center’s role is primarily educational: individuals learn career-planning and job-search techniques that they will use not only during college and immediately after graduation, but throughout their career life. Career Center staff members guide students in locating resources and developing career management skills.
Students who use the Career Center's services benefit from increased career awareness and job-search skills. Early career planning equals career success.
Our services cover three main areas: 1) career counseling and academic major exploration; 2) internships and relevant experience; and 3) job search, graduate school and the world of work.
Career counseling and academic major exploration
- Individual appointments with career counselors
- Self assessments and inventories such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Career course—IDS 120: Exploring Majors and Careers
- Job shadowing
- Occupational information and trends
- What Can I Do with This Major?
- Goal-setting and decision-making assistance
Internships and relevant experience
- Individual appointments with career resources specialists who specialize in the different colleges and schools within the University
- Internship postings on JobTracks, an online resource for jobs and on-campus recruiting, which is free to students and alumni
- Skill exploration
- Mock interviews
- Assistance and review of résumés and curricula vitae
- Job-search letters assistance
- Portfolio development
- Employer/industry research
Job search, graduate school, and the world of work
- Customized appointments with career resources specialist
- Assistance with the job-search process
- Review of application materials
- Interview assistance
- On-campus recruiting
- Full-time job postings on JobTracks
- Assistance with applying for graduate or professional schools
- Information on the world of work
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
Carrington Hall 309 - Glass Hall 276
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM