Please note: Handshake and the Career Center are separate from Student Employment Services. For student employment, please visit the Student Employment Services website.
Welcome to Handshake
How to login to Handshake
Login to Handshake with your BearPass ID and password (the same account you use to sign into other MSU services, such as the My Missouri State portal) or with your MSU email address.
Students admitted before December 2019: When you enter your email address, please use your full, public email address: EmailName@live.missouristate.edu (e.g. Boomer12@live.missouristate.edu) and not your BearPass login ID (e.g. email@example.com).
- The firstname.lastname@example.org is what Microsoft requires to authenticate when logging in to Office 365 either online or using the desktop apps.
- The email@example.com is the e-mail alias for that same account that is visible to everyone so that they may see your e-mail without knowing your username. When giving out your e-mail or using it to sign up for a website it is always recommended to use the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Handshake's blog with tips and articles on a wide range of topics including employers that are actively hiring college students on Handshake, how to prepare for virtual career fairs, and much more.
Questions about Handshake
How do I access Handshake?
If you are a current student or have been enrolled at any time since summer 2017, you already have an account automatically created. All that you need to do is "claim" your account and complete your profile. During the transition phase, you should have received an email inviting you to log into Handshake and create your profile.
If you have forgotten your MSU sign-in information, please contact the MSU Computer Services Help Desk.
If I graduated before Summer 2017, how do I get access to Handshake?
Alumni who graduated before Summer 2017 can create their own accounts. Alumni who were enrolled since summer 2017 already have an account automatically created. Below are instructions for alumni to create their accounts:
(Note: This is very important so you get connected to the correct school.)
- Select Sign Up for an Account.
- Select the Student/Alumni button.
- Fill in your personal information and create a password. For your email, if you have your .edu email address, please use that.
- You will receive an email message asking you to confirm your registration. Click on the link in that email.
(Note: If you don't find your confirmation email, please check your spam folder. Add email@example.com to your contacts to ensure you receive messages.)
What are the advantages to using Handshake?
- Handshake is mobile optimized, with the Handshake app available for iOS and Android.
- Handshake is similar to LinkedIn, in that you personalize your profile, highlighting academic accomplishments, extracurricular activities, experiences, and skills and then choose to make your profile visible to employers who use the site.
- The average university that joins Handshake sees an increase in total jobs and internships available to students of over 390%.
- Handshake has the largest employer network in the world behind LinkedIn, with over 300,000 employers (including all Fortune 500 companies) and 500,000 active recruiters using Handshake to reach over 10 million students.
- There are more students in school active in Handshake than on LinkedIn today.