Application process requirements
- Read the Legislative Internship Handbook. You need Adobe Reader to view and print this document. Download Adobe Reader.
- Attend an information session or schedule a one-hour appointment with the Director of the Career Center (417-836-5636) to discuss the program in detail.
- Submit the following application materials to the Career Center in Carrington 309 to be considered for the program (application deadline for Spring 2017 is Friday, October 14, 2016, at 5 pm):
- Cover letter, answering the following questions:
- What is your motivation for participating?
- What goals do you wish have for your internship experience?
- What skills do you hope to develop during your time in Jefferson City?
- What strengths do you think you bring to the Legislative Internship Program?
- How would you access your ability to work in a stressful environment?
- How have your experiences at Missouri State prepared you to be a good ambassador for the University?
- 3 confidential letters of recommendation mailed to:
Attn: Director, Career Center
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- Current transcripts from the Office of the Registrar (Carrington 320)
- Once the deadline has passed, candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview with the faculty/staff selection committee.
Call 417-836-5636 or email LegislativeInternship@missouristate.edu if you have questions about the application process or would like to begin your application and schedule an interview!
Upcoming information sessions
September 12: 4 pm — 5 pm, Karls Hall 225
September 20: 4 pm — 5 pm, Strong Hall 307
September 29: 4 pm — 5 pm, Glass Hall 117
October 6: 4 pm — 5 pm, Craig Hall 225