Scroll to the bottom of the page for a video with additional information. Applicants are responsible for knowing and understanding the information provided in the Legislative Internship Handbook.
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student at Missouri State University with at least one semester completed at Missouri State University
- 2.50 or higher GPA
- Be willing to live in Jefferson City, MO, during the spring semester
- This incredible internship will enable you to serve 40+ challenging hours per week, off-campus, on the staff of a state legislator at our state capitol
- Jefferson City, Missouri
- Spring semester, January-May
- Daily starting times and the number of days worked per week vary between legislators
- Application Deadline for Spring 2016: Early October 2015.
- Take part in the MSU Public Affairs mission
- Become part of a university tradition along with other eager interns like yourself
- Earn course credit
- Explore career options
- Write press releases, interact with media
- Perfect your verbal and written communication skills
- Receive a monetary living stipend
- The reasons are endless!