Thank you for allowing us to partner with you. We strive to provide you with the most up-to-date career information to help you support your students.
We provide the following opportunities and services:
- Individual career counseling: For students who wish to better understand how their interests, personality, values, and skills relate to careers, we offer individual appointments. These appointments vary depending on each student's needs. Career counseling is useful for—
- Students who are undecided on a major
- Students who want to change their major, but either are unsure of a different major or wish to confirm that a major is a good fit for them
- Students who are happy with their major but uncertain about a career path
- Internship/job searches
- Assistance with and review of résumés, cover letters, graduate school applications and personal statements, LinkedIn profiles, and other job- or graduate-school-related documents
- Mock interviews
- Class presentations: Select from the following presentation topics—
- Career Center overview: a brief discussion on the various services our office provides to the University community
- Résumé development
- Job/internship searches
- Social media
- interview preparation
- Professional attire for job interviews and workplace
- Salary negotiation
- Business meal etiquette
- Career research
- Career assessments
Please note: Allow at least two weeks' notice when scheduling a presentation. Requests are fulfilled based upon staff availability. Request a presentation by completing the Presentation Request Form.
- Class Assignments: You may choose to assign your students to visit a member of our staff for various reasons. The most common include—
- Résumé/cover letter review
- Mock Interviews
- Review of FOCUS 2 online career assessment results
If you choose to assign a career-related project to your class, please notify our office before the second week of classes so that we can include your needs in our schedules. So we may have a better understanding of your assignment, please complete the Class Assignment Form. If prior arrangements are not made with our office, we will not guarantee that we can satisfy all requirements of your assignment.
Schedule an assignment to help your students understand their careers and what to expect in today's job market.
Schedule a Career Center presentation to help your students learn about the Career Center, career planning, and job searching.